John Casey wrote:

On Dec 12, 2007, at 9:47 PM, Dan Fabulich wrote:

I tweak the test to add a MAVEN_OPTS environment variable, including the -Xrunjdwp string. (It would be easy to add some sugar to Verifier and/or Invoker to make this easier; I didn't want to go fooling around with the Verifier, so I just copied and pasted out of my notes when I needed this.)

Do you have an actual example of this that I can look at?

In Eclipse/IDEA you can launch the test and modify the test configuration to include different environment variables; it's all GUI and hard to provide an "example."

However, you can also do it by modifying the code of the test like this:

        Verifier verifier = new Verifier( testDir.getAbsolutePath() );
        HashMap envVars = new HashMap();
        envVars.put( "MAVEN_OPTS", "-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8001 -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE"
);
        verifier.executeGoal( "test" , envVars );
        verifier.verifyErrorFreeLog();
        verifier.resetStreams();

-Dan