Hi,

I'm trying to document some of the design problems with sort of exotic plugin use cases, things like aggregation and use of $ {reactorProjects}, that we're running into under the current setup. I have proposals to address most of the issues, but I'd love to hear what you would propose...or even tell me about plugin-design issues that I haven't thought of.

I'd really like to take a whack at the bigger problems for 2.1, but if that doesn't happen, 2.2 is a fine target for me, as long as we start the discussion now. We have a lot of experience with what works and what doesn't from 2.0.x, so let's take advantage of that to see what we got wrong, and how we can correct it.

The page is here: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Atypical +Plugin+Use+Cases

Thanks in advance,

-john

---