That's not really the point. The point is that these behaviors require exceptional logic to the main build process inside Maven. They're a deviation of the normal once-per-project mojo, which is geared to operate on the current project.

If you wanted to draw attention to something that doesn't fit the 'atypical' heading, I'd say that build introspection is a much better target. Almost any sort of integration with Maven will need to be able to extract this sort of information, and forcing a build to get that information is a bad way to go.

If you really want to spend the time, and have a better title, feel free to rename the document. I have no problems with that; I'm more concerned with solving the problems I talk about in the document's content.

-john