      <url>http://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:10080/maven2</url>
      <!--<id>proxy-recap2</id>-->
    </mirror>

This causes :

bash-3.00$ mvn validate
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] id can not be null
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NullPointerException: id can not be null
        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.repository.Repository.<init>(Repository.java:81)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.DefaultArtifactRepository.<init>(DefaultArtifac
             tRepository.java:87)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.DefaultArtifactRepository.<init>(DefaultArtifac
             tRepository.java:57)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.addMirror(DefaultWagonManager.
             java:960)
        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.resolveParameters(DefaultMaven.java:695)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:270)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
        at
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25
             )
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Sat Jul 26 00:39:33 CEST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/510M

Anyway adding a <id> element is not a big pain.

--
Olivier