On 29/07/2008, at 12:40 AM, John Casey wrote:

I think moving back to -beta-2 will be much less risky. We can try again for -beta-3 in 2.0.11 or when it's ready.

I'll leave it up to you. I still think it is worth the upgrade, if only to get proper scp group permission setting available finally. beta-3 has been in place for a month, and there's a couple of other things to revert if this is done, so there's risk both ways.

The beta-4 JARs are staged and the integration tests for proxying are in place if you want to try it out - it was a one line fix for a missing variable assignment, and aside from that there are just two NPE fixes that had been reported earlier.

Cheers,
Brett

-john

Brett Porter wrote:
Hi John,
Unfortunately, I've found that HTTP proxies don't work. I added an integration test which passes on 2.0.9. I've already fixed the problem on Wagon trunk and the test passes with 2.0.10-RC4-SNAPSHOT (not committed as it would bump wagon to a snapshot).
This leaves the following options:
- release Wagon for inclusion as we continue through the RC cycle (I will start the vote process tomorrow regardless) - I can try a workaround either by including the patched AbstractWagon source file or creating a delegating wagon implementation that corrects the proxy setting. - rollback to wagon-beta-2 (would need to mark any related fixes as in 2.0.11, remove the user agent stuff, etc.)
What are your thoughts?
Sorry about the inconvenience.
Cheers,
Brett