Rollback.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason van Zyl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2008 2:37 PM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC3 - Please Test!

On 27-Jul-08, at 12:34 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Unfortunately, I've found that HTTP proxies don't work. I added an
> integration test which passes on 2.0.9. I've already fixed the
> problem on Wagon trunk and the test passes with 2.0.10-RC4-SNAPSHOT
> (not committed as it would bump wagon to a snapshot).
>
> This leaves the following options:
> - release Wagon for inclusion as we continue through the RC cycle (I
> will start the vote process tomorrow regardless)
> - I can try a workaround either by including the patched
> AbstractWagon source file or creating a delegating wagon
> implementation that corrects the proxy setting.
> - rollback to wagon-beta-2 (would need to mark any related fixes as
> in 2.0.11, remove the user agent stuff, etc.)

I would prefer to rollback to wagon-beta-2.

> What are your thoughts?
>
> Sorry about the inconvenience.
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> On 26/07/2008, at 7:20 AM, John Casey wrote:
>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> We've solved all of the issues brought up in response to the 2.0.10-
>> RC2 release candidate, minus MNG-3678 (which I've postponed to
>> 2.0.11 so we can take a look at whether this is happening by
>> design, and what resolution we want to pursue for it).
>>
>> The issues we've solved for this release candidate are:
>>
>> - MNG-3679
>> - MNG-3680
>> - MNG-3684
>>
>> ...in addition, Brett took care of the verbose output related to
>> artifact resolution that were popping up.
>>
>> Again, for a full list of issues resolved so far for the 2.0.10
>> release, see:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&styleNa
me=Html&version=14112

>> Please give this release candidate a whirl, and let me know if you
>> have any problems. I'm trying to collect all issues in JIRA with
>> fix-for of 2.0.10, so if you want to file a JIRA ticket for your
>> issue and include a failing test case, that will make my job that
>> much quicker.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -john
>>
>> --
>> John Casey
>> Developer, PMC Member - Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)
>> Blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/buildchimp/

> --
> Brett Porter
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

First, the taking in of scattered particulars under one Idea,
so that everyone understands what is being talked about ... Second,
the separation of the Idea into parts, by dividing it at the joints,
as nature directs, not breaking any limb in half as a bad carver might.

   -- Plato, Phaedrus (Notes on the Synthesis of Form by C. Alexander)