I'm +1 for consolidating the helper and archetype/sample stuff into a SVN tree, then releasing all that stuff. I'd probably agree that the verifier needs to stay separate, though, since it's not specific to maven's ITs anymore.

Also, (another tangent) we need to look into how we could start releasing the integration tests themselves alongside a maven release...not moving the ITs inside the various maven branches, but making sure there is an IT ball out there with a released version that describes the tests we used as criteria for that maven release...and the versions should probably correspond. In any case, that's a separate concern from consolidating/releasing the maven-core-it-specific libraries like the integration-test-helper and the archetype.

-john