I was saying that I see Guice as being different than Aether... the
plexus-guice shim though I see as being separate from Guice.

I also said that I recognise that the bar for egtting committer access at
apache is probably a little too high for something like Aether.

And, unlike others, I was only saying that I am uncomfortable.  If work
committments had not been as pressing this last 8 months I would have been
more heavily involved in M3, but we can all sometimes make the mistake of
believing lies about effort now saving the site you work at ;-)

-Stephen