On 4 August 2010 13:42, Henri Gomez <henri.go...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/8/4 Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>:
>
> > If Aether has commit access for all Maven committers automatically, (and
> I'm
> > not saying it doesn't) then a large part of my concerns can be removed...
> > recognise the p2 stuff as being a separate concern from the m2 repo
> > stuff.... and if that's the case then you need to sell Aether as such and
> > not try to sell it as a Maven Repo API.
>
> Aether and p2 make me think this project should be best suited for the
> Eclipse Foundation, as subproject.

Eclipse Foundation's bar for commit access seems quite high.  I'd prefer a
lower bar if we are 1st/2nd adopter of a project and we are considering
where the project is hosted.

Alternatively, host the Aether API in one place (hey why not codehaus), the
Maven Repo impl in Apache and the p2 repo impl in Eclipse ;-)

-Stephen