On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr> wrote:

> > Yes, 3.0.3 looks cleaner. Well, I answered the points for choosing 2.2.1.
> > We surely need to support 3.0.3 too, the future of maven.
> > Is it possible Doxia plays a part here too? We haven't really bothered
> > about these site stuff, and therefore, doxia version we have is a little
> > older.
> no, Doxia shouldn't be involved in your actual problems: it's used only for
> reporting, and there is only a simple doxia API that is included in Maven
> core

Yes, but the said issue is more related to the remote-resources-plugin. It
too only use doxia-sink-api though. Anyway, there's some bond between that
plugin and doxia. In [1] line 1348, the failed component's role-hint is
"doxia-default".

And, the nightmare I referred is not doxia, but the whole process. There
were around 50 ebuilds that I've bumped in the process, and there were lot
of understanding to do in Maven as well. And, we just started the testing
phase, so it's not suitable to put in to main tree in Gentoo.

[1] http://paste.pocoo.org/show/426899/

There's another little issue with hidden classes in the uber jar. It suits
for a new thread i guess.

--Kasun

--
Kasun Gajasinghe,