uh, you've got doxia-module-*.jar in your /usr/share/maven-2/lib/ directory?
but these are not in Maven core: only doxia-api and doxia-logging-api are part
of Maven core [2]
Other Doxia artifacts are used in site plugin only, and should not be shared
in core.
Your problem seems to be related: this "doxia-default" role has been added in
doxia-sitetools component, which should not be in the classpath.
see DOXIA-147 [3]

IMHO, with full Doxia in Maven core classloader, you'll have failures with
reporting plugins (if not strange issues like the one you had here)

Regards,

Hervé

[2] http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.2.1/apache-maven/dependencies.html

[3] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-147