Chris,

Just whom amongst us are you labeling 'a few immature devs'?

Many of us here have been using both git and svn, extensively, for
years now, and have a preference for git based on plenty of practical
experience. While git is new-ish at the ASF, it's official, and a
growing list of projects are using it

Many of the, ahem, outboard components of Maven are in git already.

Speaking for myself, I've used svn, I've used 'git svn', and I've used
git. Plenty. And it's my considered judgement that git would be better
for this project, and I voted as such. Please don't cast asparagus on
my by indirectly calling me a cultist.

--benson