"No-one is using cvs anymore."

That's a wrong assumption, sad but true.
I still know companies which haven't invested in moving forward to a new versioning system, because CVS still works good enough. Investments is not only about the hardware and the investigation, preparation and execution of the migration of repositories, but also about the education of the users, for several reasons.

-Robert