Hi Alex,

In reference to the MINA-based appender re-entrance problem as described in http://xrl.us/bctaa , I would suggest that logging from the I/O processor thread be disabled.

As for JBoss, did you know that Hibernate 3.0, the next version of Hibernate, relies on SLF4J for its logging?

Moreover, Spring-OSGI which presumably lays the foundations of the next generation of Spring also relies on SLF4J?

I am not sure if this helps, but that's the best I can do in a few minutes. :-)

Alex Karasulu wrote:
Sorry forgot to CC Ceki after mentioning it. Ceki could you take a minute to help us resolve these issues which are pushing towards the emergence of yet another logging framework now inside MINA. I think much of this is a result of the JBoss push to do away with SLF4J dependencies.

Alex