On Dec 18, 2007 5:53 PM, Maarten Bosteels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Dec 18, 2007 9:28 AM, Trustin Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > You made many good points but I need to correct some.
> >
> > On Dec 18, 2007 3:51 PM, Alex Karasulu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > <snip/>
> >
> > > (4) I won't go into detail to keep some things private but I know you
> > > wanted
> > > to find this thread [1] because it was one which you suspected was a veto
> > > against you.  You explicitly searched for and found this thread after some
> > > recent events.
> >
> > I have never searched for that thread.  What I searched for was a vote
> > about inviting someone into the PMC.  Moreover, what's up with the
> > veto from the community?  If the community doesn't like my idea, then
> > that's OK.
> >
> > People can veto my idea, but I also have my right to keep persuading
> > my idea as long as I think it's really right and it is the
> > responsibility of the community to pursuade me that my point is wrong
> > or it's just a matter of trade-off.  Additionally, we didn't have
> > issues related with framework on top of framework (or library) and
> > logger reentrancy at that time, and that's why I think we need to
> > reconsider the previous decision.
> >
> > I don't feel offended by the decision of the community.  What really
> > dismays me is this kind of personal offense.  Saying 'I won't go into
> > detail to keep some things private' just makes me laugh; what would
> > people imagine about me?  Is this intentional to spread out some
> > conspiracy theory?
> >
> > > However, regarding this thread coming back to life, it occurred right
> > > after
> > > you explicitly searched for it.  You wanted to bring it up again,
> > > primarily
> > > because it was an outstanding issue that you felt was legitimate.  Most
> > > importantly, it did not unfold in the manner you wanted it to be
> > > addressed.
> >
> > Again, I did never searched for it both implicitly and explicitly, and
> > please note we got two new issues related with the current logging in
> > MINA which were discovered very recently.  You are saying that I will
> > do the best for MINA and I want to control this project at the same
> > time by saying 'Most importantly, it did not unfold in the manner you
> > wanted it to be addressed.'  It sounds like I am driving this project
> > for my personal benefit and you are upsetting me seriously.
> >
> > > This is all fine, but I'm wondering why David kicked it off and joined in.
> > > I'm not suggesting we have a "follow the leader" situation but the
> > > possibility is starting to occur regularly in my head.  This is happening
> > > because I fear having the merits of my points undermined by back channel
> > > coordination.  Again I am not accusing you of it.  I am stating it as a
> > > concern and something that my reasoning points to as a possibility.
> >
> > You don't need to worry about that at all.  I found David and I have
> [...]

Thanks for focusing on the main topic first of all.  I fully
understood why my argument is weak now.  You made a really great
point.  I apologize for exercising some kind of potential violence on
you. ;)

Let me try to come up with the non-intrusive effort I've mentioned a
few minutes ago in the separate message first and then try the thin
layer approach to show if it is really thin.  I think it's right now
to close this thread really.  I'll zip my mouth from now one in this
thread.

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/