Hi Qing,

as a user and ASF member observing this project:

On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 at 01:44, Qing Lan <lanking...@live.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to start a thread to discuss about the graduation for Apache
> MXNet. From my time working in the community, I saw a great improvement in
> most of the area that we do to make MXNet a better place. We keep tracking
> on all of the issues user raised and reviewing PRs. We follow the Apache
> Way to release the package in official repository.

in terms of code, documentation, visibility this project is certainly in a
healthy state, I see a lot of interest of companies and people, the
community is growing... As a user that gives me confidence my time invested
in this product is well spent.

> In 2017, Apache MXNet joined the Apache incubation project. I think now is
> a good time to review the path to graduate MXNet and move forward to it.
> Please feel free to share your thoughts on graduation and space for
> improvement.

If I may share one observation: I don't see the community working a lot on
non-code topics. One example that I personally find important is the
discussion of the Gluon brand. People have expressed confusion about how
the name is used by multiple non-ASF projects, the MXNet team finds the
Gluon name very valuable yet the discussion on how to protect the name and
decide on acceptable use by other projects has stalled [1]. I suggest you
make a decision on this topic before you go for graduation.

regards,

Lieven

[1]
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/mxnet-dev/201903.mbox/%3ccac_cu1gi+3s6ob48kt0x5wta4oxdum8uq9tmnyku2ujyaya...@mail.gmail.com%3e