Team,

Might as well throw my 2 cents in here - while more developers would help the cause, the root cause of the conflict lies in the fact that one sub-project moved in a relatively non-aligned manner to the rest. This is what needs to change. I don't think making Tobago a top-level ASF project will be the solution.

We just need to assess what it would take to shape Tobago into a seamless composition within MyFaces. So let's have that dialogue.

There are no "developer classes" - let's try to be constructive here!

Zubin.

On 9/13/06, Bernd Bohmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On 9/12/06, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> That is exactly ***not*** the expected scenario in an Apache TLP.  All
>> committers to MyFaces should be able to commit to any of the MyFaces
>> code.
>

> There aren't so many active developers that I think we need to be
> concerned about who has access to what.  Rather, there are so few
> developers working on certain parts of the project that we should be
> doing everything we can to find *more* of them. :)

I would like to see no difference about a Tobago and a MyFaces
developer. I don't like the agreement. It looks like a Tobago developer
is a second class developer. But we are working on the same thing JSF
and JSF Renderkits.

Regards

Bernd