It is much easier for a developer (especially if they are beginners in JSF) to return name of the page instead of event occurred in page (logical outcome) as output.

There are some bad development practices, which when a developer get used to them, it is hard to forget, I think this feature is one of them.

since this bad practice(same reasons as described by Craig), makes life easier for them, when they have this feature they will get addicted to it, and they won't learn the real idea behind outcomes.

I think this is like giving marijuana to JSF developers! Like the cartoon in the theserverside.com about AOP considered harmful ;-)

Regards
Arash