Another option I was thinking of on my way into work this morning is that I could add a "links" menu off to the side and only have the standard bar across the top.

Scott

Bernd Bohmann wrote:
Hello Simon,

I think we should try to standardize the first 2 or 3 links in the top
menu bar.

For the myfaces site

Apache|MyFaces|Download|Mailing Lists
(News archive makes no sense in the top menu)

for the subprojects

Apache|MyFaces|<subproject name>|XXX|Other useful link|YYY

Regards

Bernd

[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
I've noticed some other inconsistent stuff that needs to be fixed.

I think the most important is the issue I raised before: what should the
top "menu bar" look like for sub-projects. If you look at the core
modules for the moment, those links are all specific to "myfaces as a
whole", not to the subproject currently being viewed.

I would expect "overview" to take me to the overview for the project I
am currently viewing, not to the myfaces overview. Also, while we do
*currently* have a shared downloads page for all projects, and a common
set of mailing lists for all projects I don't think this will always be
the case. So I don't think the "download" or "mailing list" links are
appropriate here.

What I've done for tomahawk for example is just to have "Apache" and
"MyFaces" links, and nothing else. I think this is nicer. Obviously, it
would be even nicer to be consistent across all projects.

core11/core12:
* icons need updating

Trinidad:
* has the "faces" icon on the right, not on the left.
* has no title in the first block of the left-hand pane.
* has no list-of-myfaces-projects in the left-hand pane. This might
actually be nicer than replicating the list-of-projects on each page
(people can always go up to the main myfaces site) but we should be
consistent.
* has no link to "apache" in the top menu bar, just "MyFaces"
* has the "foundation" section at the top, not the bottom
* date-published format is yyyy-mm-dd, not "dd MMM yyyy"

Regards,
Simon