I've checked mojarra 2.0 some time ago to see how do they implemented this,
well they're using reflection/class way.

Spring's scanning mechanism also gives out of memory if you dont specify a
sub package name to scan.

So, my thought is to implement this in myfaces, it's not a complicated task
as we all discussed. And if we do implement it, we get the advantage of
tuning it
for better performance in a web environment.

C.C.