Mario Ivankovits schrieb:
that would be possible as well. i just started with slf4j since we already
discussed it and udo wrote about the switch to slf4j in the next release...

we could also vote first about slf4j and everybody who prefers jul should vote
-1

Just wait until Monday if possible, then enough developers should have
commented on the thread already.
Probably it is clear then already that a vote for JUL is enough.

(i don't like the idea that every myfaces project ends up with its special
logging framework dependency.)

Yes, thats true.

Ciao,
Mario

The only downside I see is that we might break compatibility for java 1.4 since JUL gut some overhaul between 1.4 and 5, but on the other hand is it really important anymore?
Which projects still have to be on 1.4