Hi,

> we could also vote first about slf4j and everybody who prefers jul should vote -1
> if we don't have a majority for slf4j, we have to vote about jul.
> is that ok for everybody?

From http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html my understanding of a -1 vote is different from this.

<< Vetos

A code-modification proposal may be stopped dead in its tracks by a -1 vote by a qualified voter. This constitutes a veto, and it cannot be overruled nor overridden by anyone. Vetos stand until and unless withdrawn by their casters.

To prevent vetos from being used capriciously, they must be accompanied by a technical justification showing why the change is bad (opens a security exposure, negatively affects performance, etc.). A veto without a justification is invalid and has no weight. >>

Better use the fraction system for voting on the logging system:

   * +0: 'I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okey with this.'
   * -0: 'I won't get in the way, but I'd rather we didn't do this.'
* -0.5: 'I don't like this idea, but I can't find any rational justification for my feelings.'
   * ++1: 'Wow! I like this! Let's do it!'
* -0.9: 'I really don't like this, but I'm not going to stand in the way if everyone else wants to go ahead with it.' * +0.9: 'This is a cool idea and i like it, but I don't have time/the skills necessary to help out.'

Best regards,
Ganesh