Michael Concini schrieb:
Wasn't there a plan to have some of the partial tree traversal work done as part of the Google Summer of Code? I seem to recall some discussion around this awhile back (don't have time to dig through the mailing list archives right now to check). Does anybody remember what the plan was with Google SoC?

Interesting question, but I assume I only have a small subset of the needed functionality implemented, the one we need for PPR so, I will commit my tomorrow as soon as I have tested it, whoever wants to do something in GSOC can pick it up and refine it. But have in mind, my work currently only coveres the area of providing a PartialVisitContext so that I have a complete state for PPR in this area! If someone comes with a better solution I dont have any problem dropping the code again ;-)

Werner

Werner Punz wrote:
Michael Concini schrieb:
All,

I thought it might be a good time to raise the issue of solidifying a plan for the MyFaces 2.0 alpha release now that we've had a little time to work with the release candidate draft of the spec. What are the thoughts in the community with respect to what should be included in an alpha release as well as what the time frame should be for a release. If we can come up with a target date as well as specific 2.0 features we want to target for inclusion, that should help in prioritizing the remaining work. From my end, I'd love to see a working runtime in some form by the end of August if that's reasonable. As for content, that is definitely more of an open question. Here is my top list of what I would like to see be at least partially functional for an alpha release.
-backwards compatibility with JSF 1.x apps
-base support for facelets and composite components
-AJAX support (should hopefully be in pretty good shape here thanks to Ganesh and team)
-System event support
-Partial view traversal

Thoughts/concerns/objections?

-Mike

None from my side not sure how far Ganesh is with his ajax tag!
The scripts already are in pretty good shape and functionalitywise well ahead of the RI ;-)

As for partial Tree traversal minor sidequestion? Has anyone started to work on this, because I have started to implement the partial visit context (I have to recheck the jira for this, because I opened an issue for this under partial render response issue 2116/2241)!

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-2241

I will commit my code around tomorrow, it is basically done
but needs some testing!

Werner