In Trinidad internal package there is a TypeConverter, use in the
Date/Number converter (internals) of Trinidad.

has a factory and some more stuff, perhaps worth to check (they were
introduced - looooooooooooooooooooooong time ago - to support the
mentioned "oracle types", from the binding layer)

-M

Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf