Hi,

I've just read Leonardo's post at jsr-314-open about this problem.

FYI: I have finished prototype of JSF server side solution with
non-String communication. It's based on custom renderkit and
ResponseWriter implementation.

I found only one major problem: this one discussed in this mail thread.

Minor thing is string-based naming and meaning of ResponseWriter
methods, because "ResponseWriter is an abstract class describing an
adapter to an underlying output mechanism for *character*-based
output" (from javadoc), but fortunately all methods accept Object as
value.

Regards,

Kočičák