Hello all,

The proposed git repository change is as follows:

Split the incubator-mynewt-newt repository into two separate
repositories:
    * newt
    * newtmgr

These two tools really don't have anything in common, so it makes sense
to manage them in separate repositories.  The newt repository would
contain:
    * Newt      (/)
    * Newtvm    (/newtvm)
    * Util      (/util)

The newtmgr repository would just contain the newtmgr sources in the
root directory.

I will now attempt to describe exactly what spurred the above proposal.
I have probably gotten some of the details wrong, so hopefully Todd will
jump in with some corrections if I completely mangle the facts.  Just to
reiterate, I believe splitting the repository results in a more coherent
distribution, so I would be in favor of doing it even if it weren't for
the below issue.

The problem is related to some peculiarities in the way the "go get"
command interacts with the mynewt.apache.org/newt vanity domain.  In
case you are not aware, newt and newtmgr are tools written in the Go
language, and the canonical method for downloading and building a Go
application is to type "go get <repository-url>/<application-path>" at
the command line.  For example, to download the newt tool:

    go get git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-mynewt-newt.git/newt

Back to the issue- The problem that mynewt.apache.org/newt does not
actually contain a Go application; it contains subdirectories of
applications.  For this reason, applying "go get" to
mynewt.apache.org/newt does not work; Go requires that the argument
point to the location of an actual Go application.  Go also fails if you
specify a subdirectory that really does contain a Go application (e.g.,
mynewt.apache.org/newt/newt), but I am not entirely sure why this is the
case.  I believe the issue here is related in some way to the vanity
domain redirection.

Anyway, this problem is solved by the above proposed change, because it
results in the Go sources being in the root directory of each
repository.

Thanks,
Chris