Hi André,

Thank you for the valuable comment.

I also expected the deficit you points since some or all entries in
some files named localize.sdf are probably obsolete or no longer used.
e.g. issue 60607 tries to look into the facts.

So the actual value of the coverage rates in the production version
of OOo 3.0.0 should be slightly higher than the figures listed in
the table of the wiki page.

André Schnabel wrote:
> You count 37,551 strings for UI translation. Looking at pootle, we got
> only  26,832 strings for UI translation.
> HC2 differs even more ~91,000 vs. ~45,000 in pootle.

  UI      Help    Total
  37,551  53,406  90,957

That looks somewhat bigger difference than that of expected.

this makes your statistics looking worse than the actual status is. E.g. you report German UI translation at 74% - looking at pootle we have 98%

Good.
Is it easy to obtain such statistics from the Pootle?

> (where the missing 2% are for testool. Actually we have theses strings
> "somewhere" but they got lost on their way to pootle).

Does anyone have good explanations regarding the deficit between the number
of entries in the files named localize.sdf and that of entries in the Pootle?

Regards, Tora