Sure, I understand all those points, but does anyone know how long
bits.netbeans.org will still be online? Last week, there was an outage and,
of course, exactly when I was testing our new artifactory. That is why I
started wondering.

If the bits.netbeans.org will remain live during a few years, then it is
not an issue we should spend time on. So does anyone know what the plans
are for bits.netbeans.org?

Cheers,