It actually requires special knowledge and steps to install on macOS 10.15
without the notarization.

By default there is no option to continue with the install.  You must know to
open it while holding the Option key only then will there be an option to
ignore the warning and continue.

The notarizing process is supposed to be quick. I don’t have an Apple developer
ID, so I don’t know for sure.

Scott