FWIW, I still run NetBeans daily on JDK 8, for reasons of stability -
particularly assertion errors and other misbehavior from javac-related
editor code, whenever I've tried to use 10 or later.

And similarly, for libraries, everything I release on Maven central is
still built against JDK 8 (there was a nasty backward incompatible change
in the JDK, with some method on ByteBuffer getting changed to return
ByteBuffer instead of Buffer, which has catastrophic consequences at
runtime if you mix code compiled against JDK 8 and JDK 10 or later, and my
Acteur library uses NIO heavily), so given the amount of the rest of the
world's code that is sitting in Maven Central, compiled on JDK 8, I expect
to be staying with that for a long time to come, for better or worse.

-Tim