Possible, probably yes. Might be quite some work to make it run, though.
Anyway - not sure if that would bring significant benefits if we wanted to
keep the platform on 8 and move the rest (i.e. what would be made simpler
by this? We can ensure platform is buildable by and runs on 8 even in a
single repo).

Jan