Hi,

Am Freitag, den 10.04.2020, 16:38 +0200 schrieb Christian Lenz:
> Anyway, other question, qhat will happen with the code under oracle?
> Let me guess: Nothing. So in the end, donate the code and thats it.
> No need to discuss that to much.

This does not happen by itself - I only know Oracle from the outside
and thus can only guess how they are internally structured, but my gut
feeling is, that donating code is not something, that is a common
situation in the legal department of Oracle. From past experience I
know, that legal departments can be a pain to work with (not because
they are evil or stupid, but because they ask the questions no one
wants to answer). So in the end it does not only take someone to
finally integrate the code, but also someone to sheppard the code
donation.

In the end it boils down to: How much is there, that can (and will) be
reused and how much is better thrown away and rewritten. I know that
there is code, that is better deleted, than reused and that includes
code I wrote.

This is just to say: If there is a valid use case, I'm all for going
through with it, but keep in mind, that this might take away time
better spent on other things.

Just my 2cents.

Matthias