On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 5:56 PM Brad Walker <bwal...@musings.com> wrote:

> Hey Geertjan,
>
> Just wanted to point out that I'm hoping to step up and get actively
> involved with the C/C++ feature modules.. Heck, I'm willing to be
> responsible for it also if that's okay. 8-)

I think that would be awesome. Some time ago, I've made the code from the
CND buildable here:
https://github.com/jlahoda/netbeans/tree/cnd-building/

There is a README:
https://github.com/jlahoda/netbeans/blob/cnd-building/README.cnd

Some TODOs are listed in the README. Note the code would need to go through
the IP Clearance at Apache before being put into the product, but that
shouldn't be too difficult. If you would like to help with this, I think we
should create a new repository at Apache, where all this would be.

My alternative idea is to use a Language Server Protocol (LSP) server
("ccls" in particular - based on clang) to provide the editor features, and
generally simplify the other aspects of the C/C++ support (like projects)
as well. I may have an experiment to share sometime soon.

So I guess the question is which route should be taken.

Jan