Just for the record, I do not know if I have the requisite knowledge, but...

If the consensus is to want to integrate the collaboration into NetBeans, I
would be willing to take ownership of it. Just remember that I own and
drive a truck for a living and, therefore, can't spend more that weekends
on the codebase, and maybe an hour or two during the work week. However, if
people are willing to help me out, I can be the owner and/or point person
on this feature.

Just let me know...

Sincerely,

Sean Carrick