On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 at 10:06, Jean-Marc Borer <jmbo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure it would be good to code without it, but it seems that using the plain
> vanilla javac leads to some serious caveats according to
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Java+Editor+Using+JDK+javac

That page is quite old now.  There are still caveats, but also Jan and
others have done a lot of work to make things better with vanilla
javac.

If we are dropping nb-javac as mooted elsewhere in 12.1, then that
would be a decision to be made with the current caveats in mind.

There are some serious caveats to keeping nb-javac too, as Geertjan's
thread today reveals! ;-)