I tried FlatLaf in 12.5.  When I migrated settings to 12.6 while testing
macOS installer, lines with a breakpoint set on them were close to
unreadable, the background color was a very dark red-brown with black
text.  This did not seem to reconcile with the settings for debugging when
I inspected the individual settings in preferences.  When I put it back to
NetBeans style, it looked fine.  When I stopped NetBeans and started it up
again, I was able to set FlatLaf without this problem.

Dave