From: Neil C Smith <neilcsm...@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 4:44 AM
To: dev@netbeans.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Default to FlatLaf in NetBeans 13?

On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 at 02:16, Laszlo Kishalmi <laszlo.kisha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What would be the conclusion of this topic?

Well, my conclusion is that we should be looking to make FlatLaf Light the
default for everyone with NB 13.  At least judging from comments, and
(something I think is important) what we seem to be using ourselves.  The only
-1 here seems to have become a +1 now?

If anyone wants to argue against that reading, please do so.

> Is there someone willing to implement this feature?

I was planning to look at it, which was why I kicked off the discussion.
Discussions where the person instigating is proposing to do the work are always
good, although my NetBeans available time has been a bit tied up over the last
few weeks to follow up! :-)

> If anyone would be interested, probably the best place to implement is
> in: nb/o.n.upgrader

That's an interesting one.  I've already looked at a few places this could be
implemented, but not even looked at that one.  Why there?  If in terms of an
initial dialog, then I think we should consider startup options as a different
task - bit chicken and egg.

I think there's a question whether this should be in the platform or nb cluster
too?  If in the former, need to make sure it's optional still though.