On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 at 11:54, Michael Bien <mbie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i don't think it matters at all what it fixes because the latest update
> release is the best available version of that branch.

I've been stung by too many regressions in bug fix updates to believe
that updating dependencies is entirely risk free!  Including in
nb-javac incidentally, although that should be far less likely to
happen now I hope.

So, to me it comes down to weighing that risk and work involved
against the fixes and impact on NetBeans itself.  If there was no
benefit at all (which is not what I'm saying), why do it?

If you (or anyone else) thinks this needs to go in NB13, there's
nothing stopping you following Jaroslav's instructions to trigger an
update, getting it released and opening a PR against delivery.  There
is still time to get this in and tested before release.