On 30.01.22 17:26, Jaroslav Tulach wrote:
the schedule lets NB systematically lack one update release behind.
I don't think that is a real problem.  Unless there is a specific NetBeans bug
that requires update of JDK's javac, we don't have to be "at the tip". Most of
the bugfixes backported to 17.0.x version aren't going to affect user experience
at all - 99.9% percent of Java developers are unlikely to notice a difference.

yes - most likely. Although 17.0.2 fixes a few NPEs, the conditions for their occurrence are fairly specific. There is also the option to turn nb-javac off for the 0.1% while using the latest JDK 17 update release. At the time i wrote the mail i wasn't sure if its still possible after the changes in NB 13 (but i tested it and it worked great).

We have to make sure NetBeans 14 stay close to the most recent major version
(which we shall be able to as https://github.com/JaroslavTulach/nb-javac/pull/
2 has already been integrated).
yep saw that nb-javac is already ready for JDK 18 - great job.

-mbien