On 12.04.23 11:42, Peter Hull wrote:
On Wed, 12 Apr 2023 at 09:15, Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de.invalid> wrote:
Java11 is not as much used in the industry, it was kind of totally ignored by
some companies and bigger projects. It also imo doesn't bring that much of a
benefit for the code base. Plus the eco system is rather slowly moving. There
are still too many Java 8 projects actively being used and maintained in the
industry. And we still have Android as was mentioned.
Can you just clarify - as I understand it we are talking about the JDK
needed to build and run Netbeans.

correct. This proposal is about the runtime requirements.

You will be able to edit JDK 8 projects as long upstream javac itself supports compiling to Java 8.

analog to:

If you use android studio to write android apps you also don't have to run the IDE on the same JDK the app is running on - two separate things. (android studio runs on JDK 17 btw)

best regards,

-mbien