Hi,

I'm missing something here! I'd appreciate some explanations.

We currently depend on exechlp-1.2.zip [1] for dlight.nativeexecution, right? But nobody has voted _explicitly_ on that dependency.

We now build the new macos binaries for Apple Silicon, that we can download from dist.apache.org and then include them as we do with exechlp-1.2.zip.

And no extra voting is required, right?

Apple Silicon support is included in NB20 (downloading from dist.apache.org) as well as exechlp-1.2.zip (downloading from OSOUL) and everybody is happy, right? What's the problem?

Whenever we release NB20 we'll vote for the new release as we always do (including those Apple Silicon binaries compiled from our own APLv2 sources). A single vote will do for everything. Why adding an extra vote?

Thanks for the explanations,
Antonio

P.S.: Same thing for profiler binaries.

[1]