On page 7 they claim that AWS/Swing support will not be touched (at least until Java 11). It seems only JavaFX is directly affected.

Gili

On 2018-03-09 4:44 PM, Wade Chandler wrote:
All

Sorry if a thread I have missed on this exists here. A friend of mine sent
me this link

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/javaclientroadmapupdate2018mar-4414431.pdf

It has interesting consequences for NetBeans. It mentions they have some
interested parties looking to take on those bits of the ecosystem. Does
anyone have any other insight into this? Who are they talking to?

Some of us NB folks have talked in the past about contributing to those
things at OpenJDK once NB was over to Apache. This may mean we will need to
start working on a new technology for the IDE, or get more involved.
Thoughts?

Thanks

Wade