I think the main problem we're trying to solve with the -vc tag is this:
what happens when we start a vote thread and the vote fails for some
reason? Then we need to make a new voting candidate and start a new vote
thread. How do we name these artefacts, i.e., how do we distinguish between
them?

If you have advice here, in a way that would solve this for us, as well as
you, that would be wonderful. Ideally, just leave the exasperation aside
(for which we apologize) and just explain how we can solve this, and we'll
do it.

FYI, the question "Who at Apache can I contact to get this resolved?" is
always going to be "Start a new proposal on the dev mailing list and
discuss your ideas, reach a consensus, and in a worst case scenario, we'll
vote on it."

Thanks,

Gj