No one imposed anything. No, contacting mentors and discussing with
individual people off-thread is not how Apache projects work.

We have a long history in NetBeans outside Apache where we used the term
'release candidate' to mean something very different to how it is used in
Apache, i.e., an overloading of terms. This was a way to resolve it
suggested by our mentors.

And, you're not subscribed to this mailing lisy, I keep needing to moderate
you, I don't know why. But when you're not seeing your e-mails here, it
means I'm not on-line to moderate them.

I apologize for no one responding to those previous e-mails -- I skipped
over them because I think the right approach here in an Apache project is
to start a new thread with [PROPOSAL] or [DISCUSS] or something like that,
i.e., what you're asking for is actually a new tagging strategy, rather
than for a tag to be created with no suffix for a specific release.

I also don't understand the entire context -- and having everything hidden
in e-mails doesn't help either. For example, Laszlo created this, if you
were to create something similar we'd all have a better idea what we're
talking about:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Public+vs+Friend+API

Gj