Joe - You are correct I was mentioning the PRs that are currently open.

Regardless of how it happens reducing the count of open PRs I believe to be
extremely important. Maybe I was hoping that the release could be a forcing
function to make that happen. I believe that developers are more willing to
contribute when they see that their PRs will actually be able accepted and
merged into the code base. Having a low number of open PRs in progress is a
great indication that the main nifi developers are fully engaged with the
community.

There are a few PRs that don't have any comments from committers at all. I
found one from August in that state. If that was my PR I don't think I
would be so willing to put another one in anytime soon. I do get that
sometime PRs get stalled by the originator, if so maybe a rule about
closing them after a certain amount of time or being taken over by a core
contributor if they think it worthwhile.

I would like to shoutout to James Wing on my last PR he was quick to
review, provided great comments, testing, and even some additional code. It
was a great PR experience.

Cheers,

Edgardo

--