Edgardo,

Thank you for your feedback. We hear your comments and as a committer I can
share we are constantly looking to improve the PR process, having already
taken many of the steps you suggest.

However, it is important to notice that the number of PRs should not be
seen as a metric of engagement by the development community: Most of us
will submit PRs so that our work can be carefully reviewed by our peers and
some of us will use JIRA patches to provide contributions.

Having said that, it is true that some PRs may sit idle for a long time and
we are working to improve this pipeline.

It was therefore no coincidence that I  browsed most of the PRs performing
a triage of items that have been superseded or diverged from the current
code base.

In fact, less than a month ago the dev team closed a number of stalled and
superseded PRs (commit cc5e827aa1dfe2f376e9836380ba63c15269eea8).

Despite all the above, I think Joe has a point. The master contain a series
of important bug fixes and suspect the community would benefit from a
release sooner rather than later.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and contribution. It is good to
have you here.

Andre