So we definitely need to continue discussing what process changes to
these critical parts should undergo on their way into NuttX.

I think "continue" is generous.  I don't think the discussion has successfully even gotten off the ground.  It is a looming crisis that is going hit us like a Tsunami in just a handful of days. And there seems to be no focused concern.  There is feeble attempt at  work flow document on a shared Google drive (I just gave you access).   But there seems to be no interest.  It is in terrible shape, it is incomplete and unread-able.  has had only three edits since it was created two weeks ago.  Clearly a lack of interest in digging in.

So where in Apache is an appropriate place to put shared documents, the Apache public equivalent of my shared drive?  I have been trying to scare people into action on this workflow here for days now, but I guess this a brave group or just completely blind to what is coming.

What is coming is 10-30 patches per day.  When the Apache repositories are set up.  I will cease processing all changes. All PRs and patches that I receive will be forwarded to this email.  It is then the PPMC's total responsibility to deal with them.  Drop the ball for one day and you will be behind 10-30 commits.  Drop the ball for ten more days and you will be 100-300 commits behind.  That will be a crisis!