I can add you as an Admin to this organization
https://github.com/nuttx-to-asf it sole purpose is uninhibited collaboration
to feed upstream.
I would recommend not to work outside of the ASF repos, moving that to the ASF then requires a grant and contributors to sign ICLAs, and companies to give permission for their employees to do so, etc etc Also for committership recognition you want work to occur at the ASF repos.

Also, if ICLAs are required by contributors, we can certainly do that.  I don't that would be an obstacle.

The word "uninhibited" in the description of the task (and "unfettered" used in another email thread) IS a problem.  There is no uninhibited or unfettered NuttX development.

Greg