On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 5:21 AM Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I can add you as an Admin to this organization
> > https://github.com/nuttx-to-asf it sole purpose is uninhibited collaboration
> > to feed upstream.
>
> I would recommend not to work outside of the ASF repos, moving that to the
> ASF then requires a grant and contributors to sign ICLAs, and companies to
> give permission for their employees to do so, etc etc Also for committership
> recognition you want work to occur at the ASF repos.

The volunteer could sign ICLA which isn't a problem but the work he
will do require the admin rights(setup jenkins, modify github setting
etc.), how can he finish the job if he isn't a committer?
A chicken and egg problem: he want to do the contribution become the
committer, but the contribution need be done with committer' rights.