On 11/20/2022 6:21 AM, Nathan Hartman wrote:
Are we ready to call a [VOTE] thread or does anyone have more
input/arguments/suggestions?

Good job, Nathan.  I think you have summarized the options and issues well.

Could we simplify the options before a vote be discussing the possibilities that you have listed with INFRA?  Are you on good speaking terms with anyone there?  Since they are responsible for creating and managing all of the repositories, they must have some standards and conventions (or at least recommendations and preferences).  We should take those into account as well.

Obviously, they are following a pattern in the naming of Apache repositories, but I cannot find any published repository naming standards or conventions.

Greg